Monday, 7 February 2011
Interview with Julie Lynn Hayes
1) First things first, what is your full name? And what nicknames do you have?
Thank you for taking time to interview me, Evgeni. My full name is Julie Lynn Hayes. I am also called Jules. Sometimes Mom, but my kids tend to use Julie lol
2) What part of the world do you call home?
I live in the United States, in the middle of the country, the Midwest, in a state called Missouri, a city called St. Louis. St. Louis sits at the point where the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers converge. We are called the Gateway to the West.
3) What is your very favorite place in the world? Why is this such a great place to be?
That’s a hard question, but I’ll answer it on two different levels, if you don’t mind. First, there is my imagination, my inner world, which is very rich with wonderful people and places. Second, there is any place that I can be with my kids, although it’s hard to get all of them together to do that. So let’s say Lafayette, where Katie lives, and where I can relax with my girls, and just forget about other stuff and have fun. It’s a great place cause Katie lives there. :)
4) Is there a place in this world you never been too but you would love to visit? And why this place?
I would love to visit many places in this world. The first that comes to mind is Tuscany. I’ve been in love with it ever since I read Under the Tuscan Sun. There is something about this place which calls to me, I can’t explain why.
5) What is your favorite activity?
Writing. I love to write more than anything, although I do enjoy other activities.
6) Do you have any pets?
I have two cats, who are both over thirteen years old. The Mighty Ramesses is a grey and white short haired domestic, and Lady Chablis is a calico long haired domestic. Sometimes they drive me crazy, but I love them both to death.
7) Is there a good cause you want the world to know about? Feel free to shamelessly promote and give us a link to find it.
I’m a big proponent of clicktogive.com, I try to go every day and click – there are different causes there that you can espouse; I click on each of them every day. They range from animals to homeless people, to abused children and more. I think it’s a great cause, and you can help multiple people with a few clicks – it takes maybe a minute a day, a small price to ask to help others in need. http://clicktogive.com/
8) Who, animal or human, on this world would you love to meet for real one day? And why?
Your person will laugh at me, I know she’s snickering cause she knows the answer. Gary Oldman. I’ve admired him for a very long time, and would love to have the chance to work with him. I adore him, and admire him, and would love to get to know the person behind the fabulous smile and beautiful eyes.
9) Last but not least, where on the internet can my friends find you? Website, Twitter, Facebook… you name it… I'll tell them!
I have a website at www.julielynnhayes.com which is being updated, my blog is http://julielynnhayes.blogspot.com , my Facebook is http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=527332074 and my Twitter is http://twitter.com/ShelleyRunyon
Thank you again for letting me interview you! *wags tail happily*
Thank you for interviewing me, Evgeni! *hugs the Dobie*